This privacy notice applies to the use of personal information and other information by NECADA.
Any member of the NECADA group may use and share, within that group and with its advisors, the information you provide and other information it holds about you for the purposes set out below.
Information we may hold about you
- Information you've provided to us, including on our websites.
- Information about our content, products and services you've ordered or enquired about.
- Information provided by other companies who've obtained your permission to share information about you.
- Information, uploads and comments you make about the shows; channels, programmes, advertisements and services you use, for example how you access, view, share, contribute to, communicate with, record or fast forward them.
- Information we collect from the devices (including your viewing card) you use to receive NECADA content, products and services about your use of NECADA and/or selected third party content, products and services. For more information on cookies and how to manage them, please see the section on cookies.
- IP address (this is a number that identifies a specific network device on the internet and is required for your devices to communicate with websites) and location data.
- Technical information from the devices you use to receive NECADA content, products and services, for example, the collection of diagnostic and traffic information.
How we may we use your information
In addition to using your information to provide you with content, products, services, tailored and personalised recommendations, and general account management, and the management of traffic across our network, we may also use your information in the following ways:
- To monitor, improve and protect our content, products and services, work with our agents and business partners to improve the products and services we offer, and develop new content, products and services.
We may share information with credit reference, fraud prevention agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud detection and debt recovery purposes.
We may transfer your information to our data processors outside the European Economic Area, but will do so with appropriate measures and controls in place to protect that information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, the details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when: checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities; managing credit and credit related accounts and facilities; recovering debt; checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; or checking details of job applications and employees. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies. Please contact us if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies.
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements; to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party; in the detection and prevention of fraud and other crimes; and for the purpose of safeguarding national security.
- We may disclose your information to any successors of our business for them to use for the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
Unless you've asked us not to:
- To send you periodic newsletters and other information about content, products and services you have chosen or are entitled to receive.
- To send you direct marketing. This may include communications by post, telephone or email, about us and our business partners’ content, products and services, events and special offers, including, where applicable, for a reasonable time after you have ceased to be a customer of ours.
- To provide you with more relevant tailored advertising, NECADA can serve different ads to groups of different NECADA households watching the same programme. We use the information we hold about you and your household, to make some of the adverts you see more relevant.
Marketing and tailored advertising
You can choose not to receive direct marketing or tailored advertising. You can adjust your preferences via your NECADA account.